3/29/13

GR Holton Biography and more!



On a warm summer morning in 1962, G. R. Holton is born in a little town in Massachusetts. I am the second eldest in a family of eight children. I have five sisters and two brothers. I am happily married and living in eastern Tennessee. I was 23 years old when I was first diagnosed with having Bipolar Disorder. I was told that I could no longer work. But in 1999, I met my soul mate, Charlotte. She brought me to know Christ and life started looking up. In 2010 I took an interest in computer games to pass the time, and then one day I made a friend, Marlene Milton, on one of those online games with chat. She was also a Christian and her husband was a Movie Director. We became great friends and after a few weeks of talking, I met her husband, Derek Milton online and we hit it off quickly. He gave me a couple of his screenplays to read and I was hooked. I knew at that point I wanted to try writing. Derek was right there to help me.

One night, after days of not being able to come up with a story to write, I had a dream of three teens on another planet and in a cave. This was it; I knew what had to be done. I sat down at the computer and over the course of three months I had written my first science fiction novella, “Soleri” which won the 2010 Best Science Fiction from Booksandauthors.net. I knew I couldn’t stop there, so I continued writing and “Guardians Alliance” was born. I have also published a children’s picture book called, “Squazles” about not judging others and did the book design for Cameron Titus’s “A to Z book: A Habitat for Humanity Project”. My horror/paranormal novel, “Deep Screams”, has won the BooksandAuthors.net’s Best Science Fiction for 2011. I have also won TheAuthorsShow.com’s “50 Best Writers You Should be Reading for 2011”. My latest work, "Dragon's Bow", is a fantasy about good and evil. The next release is the second edition of “Guardian’s Alliance”.  My latest is a collaboration novel and screenplay with Producer MarlenMendoza called, “The Mob”, a 1930s tale of a woman’s revenge for the death of her father.

In my other life, I have taken on writing screenplays which have done for three of my books, “Deep Screams, Dragon’s Bow, and Teleported (based on Soleri)” all have been optioned for movies by Gilt Entertainment. I have also written an additional screenplay with Marlene Mendoza based on the novel, “The Galaxy Watch: A Galacteran Legacy” that is owned by Gilt Entertainment. The latest screenplay is a collaboration with Marlene Mendoza called, "The Mob".


All of my works can be found at all the internet book sites.



All of my works are available by going to that book page on this site and select the type you would like and it will bring you right there.


I hope you enjoy reading my dreams as much as I have in dreaming them.  http://www.grholton.com/
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)